How to Install Wine on Snow Leopard
If you would like to have console Wine installed on your Snow Leopard machine procedure is simple.
- Install MacPorts
- In Terminal type sudo port selfupdate, to fetch the latest repository contents
- Run sudo port install wine to install all things needed for Wine. You can ignore error at the end regarding Wine version.
- Install Git in terminal sudo port install git-core
- Fetch the lattest source from winehq with git, git clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git ~/wine-git
- Enter the ~/wine-git directory and run ./configure && ./make && ./make dep && ./make install command to configure, build and install Wine
That’s it. Wine is now installed on your machine.